Customer Engagement Manager
Salary: To £50k
Our client is a world renowned, successful and well respected organisation operating in the areas of digital technology and network infrastructure. It benefits from significant resources and experiences offered by being a well established business.Full description:
Our client is the UK’s research and education network and currently serves more than 18 million users across their community who depend on the connection provided. The network combines high bandwidth, allowing scope for technological advances with the security modern institutions need, monitored by their internationally respected security team.
The prime focus of the job holder will be to ensure that customers within the North West region receive excellent service. Specific duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.
The main duties of the role are:
- To be available to education sector customers in the North West region as a point of contact
- To be proactive in understanding the needs of customers in the North West
- Help customers to match their requirements to existing services (and helping to resolve problems where needed)
- Feeding into new requirements to ensure that they become part of ongoing development
- To be active in understanding the wider regional agendas and any role our client might play either regionally or nationally (or both)
- Identify areas where a programme of awareness and briefing events on a regional basis would be of benefit to the customer base
- Taking a lead in the region to take forward the interests of customers
- Educated to at least graduate level, or equivalent standard
- A proven track record of customer relationship management
- A proven track record showing an ability to translate customer requirements into service solutions
- Literate in network technologies
- Self directed, well motivated, able to prioritise own workload, and work on own initiative to a high level task specification
- Excellent communication skills and a sound perception of the public relations implications of the role
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work at all levels within a customer organisation and understand their needs
- Tact and diplomacy, and the ability to negotiate and resolve conflicting priorities
- Good appreciation of technical networking
- Able to assimilate information and to disseminate effectively to customers and staff
- Having a professional approach to dealings with customers
This key appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will be expected to take a lead role supporting the Directors and other senior managers for the operational success and development of the organisation. The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
This job has now been successfully concluded.