Sourcing Manager (Footwear)
Salary: £50k plus benefits
Our client is one of the leading British luxury fashion brands with ranges in clothing, shoes and accessories. Head quartered in UK and with manufacturing facilities in the UK they truly are a British classic. There is an opportunity for an experienced footwear Sourcing professional to join their sourcing operations in London.
Skills and knowledge:
- Experience of working at premium designer/luxury level
- Experienced in sourcing new footwear factories from Europe/South America/Asia
- Good knowledge of leathers and footwear construction
- Good team player and able to work under pressure
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working closely with our footwear design consultant to manage the sourcing and development of our footwear range
- Responsible for the technical development, sourcing and placing of Purchase Orders
- Responsible for the quality and fit of footwear, ensuring that make and fit comments are communicated to the factory
- Sourcing new factories to meet the growing needs of the business.
- Work with the footwear designer (based in Italy) on constructions that can be carried through the collections to improve efficiencies and reduce seasonal development costs
- Advising on leather suitability for shoes after skins are selected from accessories; re-sourcing skins that give the correct look / feel if necessary
- Working with the RTW fabric and trim buyer to ensure trims/hardware are suitable for footwear
- Responsible for administration support member
Job Ref No: JKH/SMS
This job has now been successfully concluded.