Salary: Executive package
Summary:Commercial Director to join a highly successful marketing, data, fulfilment and mailing solutions business. Full description:Our client is a £50m turnover, market leading and twice Fast Track 100 business specialising in B2B marketing, data, fulfilment and mailing service solutions. The Commercial Director is an exciting new appointment. The role will make a key and early contribution in the areas of supplier/partner commercial relationships and product/service innovation. However, the role with contribute to and take increasing responsibilities for other areas in the business.
The role will have responsibility for contributing to developing and implementing the Company’s commercial and operational strategy, identifying and prioritising new business opportunities and channels and developing existing customers. This role will play a fundamental part in ensuring that service delivery excels in meeting continually changing customer requirements while, at the same time, working closely with and supporting the Sales Director to develop future sales growth and providing vision, direction and leadership for the sales and business management teams.
- P & L accountability for the business, in line with budgetary parameters
- Working with and supporting the Finance Director in ensuring robust financial operations
- Maintaining a high level of customer service standards in accordance with the Company’s contractual obligations
- Formal reporting of management information to the Board on a monthly basis, to include performance against targets and action plans for any improvements required
- Operational responsibility for the service delivery operations
- Maintaining and Developing Key Account relationships and ensuring the Company deliver in accordance with contractual SLAs
- Working with and supporting the Sales Director *Developing the Sales and Marketing Strategy of the business and supporting the sales team to deliver against targets set
- A proven, successful track record at senior management in a B2B sales orientated, customer led service or product organisation
- Useful would be experience of working in businesses that operates in a third party commercial relationship
- Demonstrable track record of managing a P&L
- Strong inspirational people management skills
- A mixture of experience in sales and commercial management as well as operations
- Experience in the postal or direct marketing industry could be a useful advantage
- Ability to recognise and develop strategic opportunities
- Senior client management experience dealing with and developing key accounts
- Educated to degree level.
Our client is a successful, well respected and award winning business. The business is well established and financially robust and as such benefits from the significant resources and experiences offered by a successful organisation.
This is a particularly exciting time for our client as it continues to build on its success and further develop its capabilities and diversification.
This senior appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and the appointee will be expected to play a major part in the strategic development of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity for significant career progression.
This job has now been successfully concluded.