Director of International Sales & Marketing (Medical Devices)
Salary: from: Any to: £99,999
Our client is a world leading developer of medical devices. Following ongoing success and growth, the business requires a Director of International Sales & Marketing to drive sales globally and ensure ongoing success.Full description:
Our client designs, develops and markets leading edge medical devices.The business has gained an international reputation and has longstanding contacts with key opinion leaders within the clinical and academic sectors.
The Director of International Sales & Marketing is an exciting new appointment. The role will be responsible for the UK and International sales and marketing functions, for developing and implementing the Company’s sales and marketing strategy, identifying and prioritising new business opportunities and channels and developing existing customers. This role will play a fundamental part in developing future sales growth and providing vision, direction and leadership for the sales teams.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates will be well educated to degree level and preferably with language skills. Experience will have been developed in coaching and mentoring a high performance international sales team in results driven, medical equipment or possibly pharmaceutical environments. Experience of leading successful sales teams with highly developed distributor channels is essential. A proven track record of adaptability in multi-cultural environments is highly desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand market challenges and apply strategic thinking to generate new business opportunities with existing and new customers
- Develop the sales & marketing strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets in line with business objectives
- Deliver sales by developing relationships with partners including distributors and end-line customers
- Identify and report on business opportunities in target markets
- Increase market share in existing markets and maximise new business development opportunities.
- Achieve targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth.
- Provide direction and motivation to the UK and International sales teams
- Forecast accurately to help ensure timely delivery
- Lead the implementation of the sales strategy to all field based sales teams, set policies, processes and metrics to provide a consistent approach across the business
- Lead the implementation of the marketing strategy to the marketing team, ensuring this is working effectively with the sales function
The Director of International Sales & Marketing will be responsible for all UK and International sales and marketing personnel. The business has a highly developed international distributor network, regionally managed by Sales Managers, who report directly to this appointment.
It would be a distinct advantage for candidates to understand the legal aspects of selling products within FDA frameworks.
This job has now been successfully concluded.