Non Executive Director - Environmental Services
Salary: Flexible remuneration or day rate dependent on experience
Opportunity to develop the strategic goals of a successful environmental business
Our client is a well-established and highly regarded business providing services to its customers through two key divisions, environmental services and civil engineering. The leadership team and owners have built the business to c. £10m revenues annually. In 2015, an investment firm brought the business into its portfolio and worked to develop the company and improve earnings performance.
It is clear the business has strong potential to develop new opportunities and capitalise on the specialist and regulated services they have built their reputation on. While the business maintains a consistent revenue performance, stakeholders recognise a greater level of planning and strategic input is needed to further improve the EBITDA performance of the business. They now appreciate there is a need to bring in a new Chair with a different set of experiences and capabilities to mentor the leadership team and work with them to help build and drive a strategy which achieves greater value creation for all stakeholders.
The Chair’s role is to lead the Board to ensure that the business remains focussed and effective in delivering its objectives and targets. This new appointment will play a key part in helping to define a medium-term plan and contribute to the Board supporting the executive team to achieve these objectives.
The key stakeholders are clear on the desired outcome in appointing the new Chair. Experience and domain expertise will be critical in ensuring this is effective.
- Demonstrable experience building and developing a small to medium business in a related sector, be it civil engineering or environmental services
- Preferably an individual who has led and potentially successfully exited such a business demonstrating the successful execution of a growth strategy and value creation
- Entrepreneurial flair and commercial drive to grow a business profitably
- Someone who is able to engage, challenge and recommend improvements to develop existing practices
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated style. Evidence of strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and inspirational people management skills
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business
- High degree of integrity
- An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour
- Experience winning and working within framework agreements would be an advantage
The company benefits from significant support from their investors and other stakeholders. This is a particularly important time for the business as it looks to build on its progress so far. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its products, strong customer relationships, capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
Job Ref No: JH GME 11/21