Regional Operations Manager (M&E Contracting/Engineering Services)
Salary: £75,000 Base Salary + Bonus + Package Benefits (Flex)
Our client is a UK market leading mechanical and electrical services contracting company. The business provides mechanical, electrical, energy, and process engineering for the built environment. The company is very well established, has been trading for many years and has strong financial performance.
The business is looking for an experienced Regional Manager for their Lincolnshire operation. It will suit someone with demonstrable experience of leading and developing multi-disciplined engineering services teams. Reporting to the Managing Director and responsible to the Board, the Regional Manager will contribute to the development and organisational strategy, policy, and practice of the business.
- Generation and delivery of the Company plans and budgets in full, both in terms of the financial and service deliverables
- Attend all Management/Board meetings (Usually 2 days per month)
- Play a significant role in the Company’s long-term planning and business strategy
- Oversee the management of directly employed labour and apprentices
- Interface with all Business Managers offering technical and financial support when required
- Liaise with the SHEQ Manager to ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner and implement new health and safety procedures where approved by the Board
- Support the estimating and bid teams i.e. interface with the Commercial Director on a weekly basis and attend tender evaluation meetings
- Meet key clients on a regular basis and entertain socially if appropriate
- Provide leadership and line management for the commercial teams
- Support and review the structure of all business streams in order that they meet their key objectives
- Improve client interfacing within the teams
- Improve the reporting procedure for larger contracts ensuring all back-up sheets to the financial contract reviews are being completed including cash flow forecasts
- Introduce strategic new customers/main contractors to the business
Essential Skills, Requirements & Profile
- Significant M&E contracting industry operations experience – open to either a mechanical or electrical bias background
- Strong knowledge of the building services contracting industry and broad expertise across operations, commercials, business development, and people management
- Proven track record at a Senior Management level with the evidential achievement of objectives, budgets, KPI’s, margin, and continual improvement
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Goal focused on a demonstrable reputation for delivery
- Passion for service excellence
- High energy levels to execute business decisions
- Effective customer facing skills, with experience in working across a wide range and type of contracts.
- Very strong company legacy and positive trading past
- The business has a broad market sector split across the private and public sector
- Plenty of long-term clients and repeat business
- Strong financials for the Group business
- Strong and stable senior management team
- The chance to have plenty of autonomy and the opportunity to run your own operation
This job has now been successfully concluded.