Head of Facilities and Capital Programmes
Salary: £43, 000 - £47,500 - Flexible subject to experience
Our client is a well-respected, multi-academy charitable Trust, responsible for a number of schools across its region. There continues to be an investment in the Trust by way of new senior leadership, processes, and estates development. As part of their plans to professionalise the operations structure, they have a new requirement for a Head of Facilities and Capital Programmes to take primary responsibility for strategic leadership and direction of the Facilities Management and Site Services across the Trust schools. Working with the CEO, Operations Director, and external stakeholders the role will also oversee the major capital works and lead on the asset management planning across all Trust schools.
- Provide strategic leadership across Estates and Capital Development, liaising and working with all stakeholders of the Trust regarding the estate's management of all CSET freehold and leased sites
- To be the main point of contact for the delivery of the Trust’s Capital Programme, taking responsibility for service delivery, often with respect to large or complex build projects. Working with the Operations Director to ensure that all legal contractual and regulatory requirements are fulfilled, risks and mitigations are identified, and appropriate coordination within the Trust
- To work with the Operations Director to manage aspects of the Trust capital budget and to formulate needs for school devolved maintenance and H&S budgets which are set appropriately and managed to ensure cost pressures are reported
- Lead on the Trust Business Continuity Plan, liaising with the Operations Director and Headteachers when creating and reviewing processes and procedures
- To implement and manage school-based health & safety systems and compliance in line with Trust-wide Health & Safety procedures, liaising with the geographical Facilities Managers to do so
- Support Site Managers on all their particular responsibilities including property maintenance, compliance, grounds maintenance, local projects, procurement, and contract management
- Relevant degree and professional status RICS, CIOB or RIBA or BIFM/IWFM membership
- Health & Safety qualification e.g. IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety
- Experience of estate planning including estate strategy development, options appraisal, condition assessment, and maintenance prioritisation
- Significant and substantive experience of undertaking a similar role preferably in an education setting
- Thorough knowledge and experience of managing estates matters across a geographically disbursed large multi-site operation
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. They expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post, which will include an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for the children’s workforce and a Children’s Barred List check.
If this opportunity is of interest, please email your CV.
This job has now been successfully concluded.