Director of Programme Management - New Product Development (NPD)
Salary: Salary to £120,000 plus generous executive package
Our client is a global health technology company. It develops and manufactures devices world-wide, and is a leader in its field. Headquartered in the UK, it employs over 15,000 people in over 90 countries.
One of their main business units (c.$1bn revenue), with manufacturing in UK and China, focuses on wound care products. R&D investment into this business is significant and proportionally greater than other business units within the Group. In particular, the focus on research and innovation is high with the intention to introduce disruptive technology across the range. Of particular interest is the development of digital technologies to enhance clinical outcomes.
With the move to product development and launch there is now the requirement to appoint a Senior Director to lead the New Product Development success across one particular portfolio. The organisation is keen to provide an opportunity for the right individual to develop into a more senior position as part of their succession planning within a short period.
- Own overall PMO / portfolio governance processes including program intake process creation, portfolio governance, roadmap planning and execution for the portfolio
- Form and lead cross-functional new product development team in executing project objectives (Development review through Market Launch)
- Work with partner groups to gain alignment & support to achieve project objectives
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Transfer product & manufacturing processes from to operations & marketing
- Participate as a senior manager to improve environment & business systems
- Lead cross-functional team in executing new product development performance
- Develop comprehensive project plans
- Establish & assign team roles & responsibilities
- Provide regular communication to senior management on progress, opportunities & issues
- Obtain resources from organisations, support groups & outside sources to ensure success
- Provide career development guidance
- Provide individual performance appraisals & compensation recommendations to management
Experience and Qualifications
- An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree in science, business, engineering or organisational management is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing many aspects of PMO and Governance in a global context, in a regulated environment is required
- A minimum of 7 years of people management experience is required
- Experience in owning large/complex portfolio governance processes including process creation, portfolio governance calendar planning/management, and execution is required
- Must be a strong team player who can work across organisations and teams
- Analytical skills and experience leading risk-based oversight programs required
- The ability to develop high performing teams and lead in a matrixed environment is required
- Organisational change management experience is required
- Large transformation program management experience is required
- Must have executive presentation skills, a collaborative approach, the ability to connect, and the ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
- Must seek to continuously learn and improve knowledge and skills by identifying developmental opportunities
- Must have a bifocal approach - ability to zoom-in/zoom-out for strategic and tactical, high-level and detailed
This job has now been successfully concluded.