Salary: Executive package
Our client is a successful and well-respected property development Group enjoying an exciting period of, growth and opportunity. The business is well established and financially strong and enjoys all the benefits that this provides.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and its growth. There are significant opportunities for The Group to further develop its capabilities, products and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This executive appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the financial teams in the business and will be part of the executive management team that are responsible for the commercial and operational success of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
Group CFO – The Role
The Group CFO will be a key member of the Group Board and will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The appointment of a new CFO is underway as succession planning to replace the current CFO who is retiring.
- To protect the assets of the group, ensuring compliance with financial and tax regulations.
- Maintaining proper accounting, preparation and filing of periodic, annual returns and statutory accounts.
- Identify and communicate value risk and mitigation strategies to the Board.
- Operate and manage an efficient and effective finance function providing services to the business including transaction processing, financial planning and analysis, treasury, and tax.
- Influence and develop the future direction of the company.
- Provide financial leadership and aligning business and finance strategy towards fulfilment of group ambitions.
- Lead on acquisitions and disposals, financing and other long-term investments of the Group.
- Stimulate and drive the timely execution of change in the finance function and wider Group.
- Selectively drive business improvement initiatives such as improved enterprise cost reduction, procurement, pricing execution, and other process improvements and innovations that add value to the company.
- Direct and control finance staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed, so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Contribute to the achievement of the Group's business objectives by providing analysis, advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Develop and control the group’s annual operating budgets to ensure that all financial targets are met, and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the Group's managers and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
- Oversee the preparation of the Group's financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the group.
- Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the group meets its financial and statutory obligations and in compliance with UK GAAP.
- Manage Group policies regarding capital requirements, equity, debt, acquisitions and disposals as appropriate.
- Meet all tax requirements and optimise tax position of the Group.
- Managing investor relationships, reporting and commitments.
- Managing banking relationships, reporting and commitments.
- Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value to the company.
Key Requirements for the Role:
- A qualified accountant, ideally ACA with extensive post qualification experience.
- Either currently an FD in an entrepreneurial owner managed business or an FC in a larger business
- Having worked in the property development industry must demonstrate a clear understanding of property and construction and some understanding of property tax issues, particularly VAT
- Extensive senior level accountancy and finance management experience
- Entrepreneurial, strategic and a dynamic thinker Ability to ensure the finance function is fully integrated into the operational functions of the business. Fully conversant in group reporting
- Proven track record in managing a finance department and assisting the business to grow through robust analysis
- Ability to deal with third party professionals
- Proven track record in managing challenging and complex situations.
- Ability to consider and consolidate and show flexibility
- A comprehensive understanding of property finance and of non-standard co-investment structures
- Ability to understand treasury function, liaise with funding partners and anticipate potential shortfalls.
- Experience in various funding structures such as joint venture and equity participation
- The ability to oversee from a finance perspective the vertical businesses in the Group
- Ability to understand non-core businesses
- Able to provide simple “dashboard style” monthly finance reports Be proactive in reporting to the Board
- A hands-on leader able to get into the detail
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, develop and implement effective long-term plans
- Able to develop business relationships in the customer base at the highest level; and can manage growth
- Enlightened, progressive, results orientated management style.
- “Hands on” operator with strong leadership and personal authority, as well as communication and people management skills
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business and Group
- High degree of integrity and transparency An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with ability to operate at both strategic and operational level
- High integrity, openness and dependability combined with commitment to good governance
- Objective with strong analytical skills Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
This job has now been successfully concluded.