Managing Director - Construction
Salary: Executive salary, package and LTIP
Our client is a fast growth privately owned multi-million turnover construction business based in the South East. They provide clients within the region with specialist construction skills for all forms of new build, refurbishment, structural alterations and interiors.
The business boasts strong residential sector experience, spanning new build apartments and housing developments, luxury custom built homes and complex structural refurbishment projects. In addition, they have a strong commercial portfolio covering complex structural alterations , new build, refurbishments and Cat A & B fit outs.
As the business embarks on its next phase of growth, there is a requirement to appoint a Managing Director. The successful appointee will report directly to the Owner and will hold strategic, operational and P&L responsibilities. He/she will be responsible for contributing to and implementing the strategic plans to achieve the agreed growth objectives, driving the business day to day.
- Delivery of growth and a new pipeline of work opportunities to meet an ambitious turnover target
- Operational Delivery
- Health & Safety
- Risk & Financial Management
- Leadership & People
The new Managing Director will have proven successful commercial leadership experience within a contracting business, servicing clients within the residential and commercial sectors.
- Candidates will have gained experience within a contracting business. This could be a regional arm of a national main contractor or alternatively a regional contractor in the South East region. Sub-contracting experience can be considered for a standout candidate.
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation and interpersonal relations and able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy
- A charismatic leader who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement and a strong sense of accountability.
- Organised, structured and professional approach
- Proven project management skills
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter, self-motivated
- Ability to delegate effectively but not afraid to do the detail when required
- Trustworthy & ethical approach, a high degree of integrity
- Proven entrepreneurial flair and commercial drive
- Experience in either an MD role or as an Operations Director / Construction Director / Regional Director / Commercial Director
- Experience in leading and managing teams encompassing commercial, construction, pre-construction and business development
- Experience of strategy development; ability to develop strategies and plans which align to the long-term targets of the business
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and delivery of repeat business
- Strong analytical and IT skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of current construction matters and trends
- Ability to drive margin improvements throughout the business functions
Job Ref No: Cons MD