Head of Risk, Compliance and Audit (COLP)
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Our client is a highly successful, North-West based law firm. As a dynamic and high energy business, on a fast track upward trajectory, there is a requirement to appoint a Head of Risk, Compliance & Audit (COLP) to their team of experienced legal professionals.
The successfully appointed individual will be responsible for ensuring the systems and controls are in place across the firm and its employees, to comply with their obligations under the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
As a member of the Executive Team and Board of the practice, the role will have further strategic responsibility for driving the business commercially, identifying opportunities for growth, whilst ensuring all regulatory obligations are met.
- As a member of the Board, lead the business through its next stage of growth.
- Involved in all commercial decisions to ensure they are executed compliantly whilst ensuring implementation is fast paced.
- Enjoys working in a fast-growth, high paced business with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Establish and maintain company policies and legal guidelines, ensuring they are adhered to at all times
- Build a strong relationship with the SRA and oversee all communication on behalf of the Board
- Prepare and maintain a Compliance Plan
- Respond to customer complaints in-line with the complaints procedure
- Prepare monthly Risk, Compliance & Audit pack (RCAC)
- A qualified Solicitor with proven legal experience.
- Experience of working either as a COLP or in a legal compliance function
- Excellent understanding of SRA handbook
- Essential - Flexible to adapt to changing priorities, operating independently in a fast-paced environment, meticulous attention to detail, meeting sometimes pressurised deadlines.
This job has now been successfully concluded.