Salary: Excellent executive package to attract the best
CEO with construction, production, engineering or manufacturing experience.
Our client is a division of a leading alternative asset-based infrastructure group of companies. The group invests directly into the delivery of affordable low entry cost housing, affordable retirement homes and elderly healthcare homes. The Company occupies a unique market position combining its own sources of funding, a vast supply to high quality land opportunities and bespoke customer facing products and services.
The group’s strategy is to solve the housing crisis for those who need it most: keyworkers, first-time buyers and last-time homeowners. Aligning the interests of investors, developers, government and, most importantly, ordinary people, we create something extraordinary; a viable solution that creates value for everyone.
They design and purpose-build their own private homes to ensure they are beautiful and comfortable to both live and work in, as well as delivering absolute efficiency to run and maintain.
They strive for outstanding in everything they do and build strong, innovative partnerships with local and central government as well as healthcare experts to ensure they remain at the forefront of the latest industry advancements.
Our client is the Group’s in-house autonomous construction business. The business is already well established and has an established team of exceptional people. The business now requires an outstanding leader to drive it further forward. The business will build on its success to date and will grow to a £100m turnover. It is an integral and critical part of the Group. Reporting to the Executive Board, the CEO has three primary areas of responsibility:
- To think and act as a principal, a business “owner” with a turnover up to £100m. All the tools, support and an established team are provided. The CEO now needs to make the business ‘fly’.
- Leading and managing all in-house delivered construction, on quality, on time, on budget.
- Innovation, systemisation and development for in-house standards and specifications so that third party SME’s can deliver output to the same criteria as in-house production.
The business will deliver whole developments or phases of construction in line with pre agreed budgets and timelines.
The CEO will lead the business in carrying out projects under their control in an effective and efficient manner, regarding the leadership and management of:
- People – motivation, relationships, safety and welfare, development
- Financial matters – profitability, cashflow, contractual.
- Staff profit share mechanisms
- Operations – Programme management, planning compliance, methods, quality, waste, improvement
- Company reputation and image.
The CEO will bring innovation to the areas of materials and methods of construction. Driving energy efficiency, modern methods of manufacturing such as off-site modular construction, “intelligent” digital technologies, refining processes, minimizing waste will profoundly change the sector.
Further the CEO will instigate new working relationships with all stakeholders, especially contractors, removing traditional attritional relationships and creating new operating and financial models where everyone shares and benefits for the success and profitability of each development
Previous construction experience is relevant as will be experience in engineering, production or manufacturing. The Group values a strong work ethic and ambition; great leadership founded on relationship building, significant intellect, personal courage and an appetite for success whilst benefiting society.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Proven business leader with commercial vision. A proven MD, Divisional Director, Operations/ Manufacturing Director or GM with P&L management experience likely with a strong commercial and operational background.
- Whilst construction knowledge is a significant benefit, it is not a pre-requisite. Construction is a process so experience in related areas such as production, engineering, manufacturing will provide a common foundation.
- Able to manage a multi-site manufacturing/construction business in a complex supply chain.
- Proven experience of creating and managing a fast growing and highly successful business.
- A charismatic leader who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
The CEO will lead the construction division of the group which is a fast growing and market leading. The company is enjoying an exciting period of opportunity and growth. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its capabilities and services and to lead in the marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the construction business and working with the Group Board and executive team, be responsible for the commercial and operational success of the business, making a significant contribution to the performance of the group.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile executive role within a genuinely exciting and respected business and group of companies.
Job Ref No: CEO-DP 10/19