Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Our client is a well-established distributor of household products, based in Staffordshire. The business is a division of a global group and has grown over recent years, servicing customers in the Retail sector.
As a result of the company’s ongoing success, there is a requirement to appoint a Financial Controller to the business. Forming part of the senior leadership team, the successful appointee will be responsible for leading the finance function, implementing and streamlining processes and systems.
The Financial Controller oversees the day to day activities of the Finance team of 3 and ensures the company finance function is organised, efficient and produces accurate management accounts.
- The timely and accurate production of the Month End Accounts, the Annual Budgeting Process and the Statutory Accounts.
- The timely and accurate production of all statutory requirements such as VAT and Intrastat.
- The control of the company’s debtor ledger with strict adherence to the Group Policy.
- The control of the accounts payable ledger ensuring supplier payment terms are adhered to.
- Provide information feedback and measures for the control of Working Capital
- To provide financial credibility at Group level
- Robust accounting systems and controls that mitigate the risk of fraud or error
- The development and production of financial KPI’s.
- The management of external and internal audit processes.
- The management of all aspects of Taxation.
- The provision of financial analysis to support decision making.
- The presentation of the financial results at monthly management meetings.
It is envisaged that candidates will have professional financial qualifications as a Certified or Chartered accountant (ACCA/ FCCA, ACMA / FCMA), with some team management exposure.
The ideal person will have had experience of working in a fast moving, highly transactional business, where their role will have given them broad, hands on accounting/financial management experience.
Candidates will ideally have had a proven track record of working within a business which buys goods (ideally consumer products) from overseas and sells them in the UK.
This appointment will enjoy good levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the finance arm and with the support of the senior management team, making a significant contribution to the performance of the wider Group.
Job Ref No: BG/FC 10/19