Urban Designer (Cambridge)
Salary: Attractive Base Salary + Bonus + Package Benefits (Flex)
Our client is one of the UK’s leading urban design and masterplanning consultancies. A superb opportunity has arisen for a commercially astute Urban Designer to join their Cambridge office at either the Senior, Principal or Associate level. The team has been successfully building their business over the years around working on residential and mixed-use development schemes throughout the Cambridgeshire region and further afield.
Purpose of the Role:
To help to deliver the very highest quality urban design work within the Group.
- To understand the urban design/masterplan project and conduct research into relevant technical urban design and planning issues
- To undertake and be responsible for the preparation of testing layouts, plans and drawings, together with design and access statements and other documents as required under the direction of the project associate or director
- To lead project teams throughout the design process from brief development to site analysis, design development and the preparation of outline and detailed planning applications
- To have a growing responsibility for managing the project as instructed by the project associate or director
- Demonstrate effective communication, attending meetings and public consultation events
- Have an increasing responsibility for the financial management of projects
- Developing client relationships and generating new work for the Group
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Education to degree level or equivalent with a postgraduate qualification in Urban Design preferred (but not essential)
- Previous experience of coordinating residential-led urban design projects
- Previous experience of working with house builder clients (commercial awareness) and plot layout design
- Experience of working within a team and with other consultants and disciplines
- Experience of wider consultation, including effective community participation
- Knowledge of current planning issues and the wider regulatory framework
- Able to demonstrate experience of producing high quality work within tight timescales and budgets
If this opportunity is suitable and of interest please email your CV over to us.
Job Ref No: Urban GW