Site Operations Manager
Salary: c.£50,000 - £60,000 plus pension scheme
Our client is one of the leading remediation and Brownfield Works contractors in the UK. Part of a global group, they provide integrated environmental services across the UK and in multiple markets.
By using their expertise to identify and manage risk for customers, they maximise value and certainty, and are able to implement multiple technologies to address a wide and complex range of contaminants in both soil and groundwater. With their own in-house remediation plant they provide the flexibility to react quickly to customer requirements and benefit from on-going technological innovation. They have work on a wide range of sites including gasworks, petro-chemical refineries, chemical works, waste lagoons, landfills, petrol stations, manufacturing sites, military sites and engineering works.
Operating at a large UK refinery site, our client has built a strong client relationship over many years and proven their value many times over. With opportunities to develop this further by diversifying and increasing revenue significantly, our client is looking to appoint a Project Manager to lead the delivery of work and operations on site.
- The successful candidate will lead the delivery of our client’s contractual work at the site and lead the teams through a period of fast growth and change.
- The ideal person will need to work with senior management and ensure the structure, training, recruitment and culture are set appropriately for the next phase.
- The role will require someone with a demonstrable track record in leading projects within a broad Civil Engineering environment and successfully completed those.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience contracting / civil engineering or related remediation activities (enabling works etc.)
- Experience in management of project matters relating to financial control, programme control and resources control
- Experienced knowledge of health and safety matters to include supervision and instruction of team members
- Experience of working on complex sites civil engineering/ contaminated land sites
- Strong client relationship skills
- Commercial acumen to price and deliver work profitably
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced project manager to make a mark on a developing and exciting contract and deliver excellent service. The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating, rewarding and high-profile role with opportunity to be part of an even larger organisation in the future.
Job Ref No: JH PM 08/19