Head of Volunteering Management ('Animal Charity')
Salary: £50,000 Base Salary (with flex) + Benefits
Our client is a very well established UK membership-based animal charity that is based in the West Midlands. The charity spreads great awareness through support, training and education.
Reporting to the Business Development Director the charity is looking to recruit a Head of Volunteer Support/Management. The purpose of the role will be to have ownership of the charity’s volunteer experience for circa 1,000 volunteers.
The Head of Volunteer Support/Management will develop, manage and grow the charity’s volunteer programme. They will support and guide the charity’s team to recruit, select, onboard, train, develop, communicate with, recognise and support volunteers. They will monitor and evaluate the impact of the charity’s volunteer programme. They will identify and assess opportunities to develop the volunteer programme further and implement as appropriate.
- Manage, develop and implement the charity’s Volunteer Programme, including recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- Identify potential improvements to the Volunteer programme and work with all stakeholders to implement
- Manage the day to day running of the overall volunteer programme together with the Volunteer team
- Raise awareness of the role of the charity’s Volunteers and their impact both internally and externally and ensure appropriate recognition to the Volunteer community
- Support and train volunteer coordinators to develop their skills and increase their ability to support and develop our volunteers
- Advise and support the Regional/National Managers and Department Directors to define the volunteer resources required and plan accordingly
- Develop and implement volunteer inductions and ongoing training that informs and inspires volunteers, helping them to understand the organisation and their role within it
- Develop and implement systems, policies and structures to provide support for volunteers that enables them to work effectively
- Celebrate volunteer achievements e.g. long service and Annual Awards. Identify new opportunities to celebrate volunteers and raise awareness of their activities and impact.
- Work with National and Regional Managers in developing and supporting the local volunteer teams. Manage and support to resolve local issues, ensuring best practice and policies are followed
- Help to build strong external relations and maintain the reputation of the Society as a volunteering organisation
- Manage budgets and resources related to the Volunteer Programme
- Keep up-to-date with legislation, policy and funding related to volunteering and assess their impact to our volunteer programme
- Manage the volunteer database and database integrity. Coordinate the requirements and implementation for continuous improvement
Person Specification – Essential
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent team-working skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire and influence people of various ages and backgrounds
- A significant and demonstrable background in volunteer programme management including employee/volunteer recruitment and retention strategies
- Experience in developing and delivering training and workshops to Volunteers and those working with Volunteers
- Able to demonstrate initiative and be a good problem solver
- Strong leadership skill set to manage a wide agenda, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Good IT skills and knowledge
- Car driver with flexible attitude to travel around the UK
Please email your CV to George Woodward from Novo Executive Search if this role is suitable and of interest.
Job Ref No: GWCharity 04/19