Salary: Competitive package to attract the best
Our client is a successful manufacturing business based in Ryedale. They now seek a qualified Financial Controller.
Responsible for monitoring, assessing and reporting the financial health of the company.
Producing period financial reports to assist with developing strategies, to guiding the Board of directors and senior management in making effective short and long term decisions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor the day to day finance activities of the company. For example daily sales invoicing, payroll, purchase ledger and cash flow reporting.
- Manage and develop the finance team.
- Liaise with outside services, for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and grants including Research and development, and other financial needs as necessary.
- Track and monitor the company’s financial performance largely through monthly management accounts and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure the company’s Balance sheet is reviewed each month to confirm the accuracy of managements accounts. Minimise financial risk to the company.
- Internal compliance, including expenses and purchase authorisation levels.
- Provide insightful forecasting and full year outlook to the board and senior management on a quarterly basis. Aid in short and long term decision making.
- Research and analyse market trends.
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software, to be used for financial purposes.
- Further develop the existing accounting software to assist with providing detailed information. For example margin analysis.
- Work with and support the Operations Director in developing and effective supply chain team.
- Ideally fully qualified however degree/MBA with aspirations to qualify is acceptable.
- Manufacturing Experience ideally FMCG.
- Pragmatic problem solver.
- Influence decision making through Persuasive and patient interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and develop the Finance team.
- Proven experience in all of the above.
Job Ref No: SM FC 03/19