Controls, Hydraulics and Automation Design Engineer
Salary: Up to £60,000 with benefits
Our client is a leading, international, multi-disciplinary consultancy employing around 15,000 individuals worldwide and working across Buildings, Transport, Environment, Energy, Oil & Gas and Management Consultancy.
Specifically within their district energy business, there is a requirement to hire an Engineer with a specialist background in controls, automation and hydraulics.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in the design of complex hydraulic control systems which could have been gained outside of the district energy sector. The role will play a specialist part in specifying the design within their niche field of expertise on wider design projects for CHP and District Heating systems.
Furthermore, the Principal Engineer is responsible for maintaining Ramboll’s standards of excellence, as well as recognising, addressing and implementing the most efficient solution to specialist engineering issues that may arise.
The successful candidate will be comfortable discussing technical detail with colleagues and clients. They will work closely with senior management and decision makers internally and within client organisations.
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Graduate in an engineering discipline; e.g. mechanical, electrical, process
- Background in design engineering within:
- Another consultancy business. This is unlikely to be within specifically district energy but could be within broader M&E
- A client organisation within district energy, designing CHP/District Heating boilers or within broader manufacture of large hot water/heating systems or large cooling systems (e.g. for data centres).
- A contractor within CHP/District Energy or HVAC.
- A background in process engineering, likely to be within the oil and gas industry.
- Proven ability to deliver projects, meeting timescales, quality and financial targets
- Collaborative approach to delivering solutions to client’s requirements
- Confident working in project teams, as a leader or as a supporting member
- Track record of developing productive long-term client relationships
- Experience in managing staff and financial resources
- Professionally credible and authoritative as a technical expert. C Eng. Status desirable
- Capable of delivering high quality written work and verbal communications
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to recognise and develop strategic opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Client focus
- Ability to make decisions, prepared to stick with or shift views accordingly without bowing to pressure
This job has now been successfully concluded.