Senior Commercial Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Basic salary up to £70,000 with benefits and bonus
Our client is a well-established South-East based landscaping contractor involved in commercial soft landscaping. The Company services clients from Cambridgeshire to the south coast and Hampshire across to Kent.
The organisation has a need and ongoing requirement for robust governance surrounding every step of its commercial processes. It is essential they keep up the momentum of engaging with clients, estimating and winning profitable work that can be delivered appropriately on site, in accordance with the agreed specification. They must ensure that every project is commercially viable and all risks involved have been identified.
The role of the Senior Commercial QS is key to the company’s future development and success, in delivering successful outcomes to all stakeholders on a growing projects portfolio.
The successful person will report directly to the CEO. They will need to have a keen commercial acumen and an eye for detail. They will be required to support projects from pre-contract to final account.
- Liaise with BDMs, the estimating team, operations and procurement
- Carry out pre and post tender/pricing negotiations to take a bid to contract status
- Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre-tender and post contract matters
- Prepare and issue contractual letters to clients and/or sub-contractors (including negotiating back to back terms with sub-contractors)
- Carry out post contract liaison with clients
- Ensure best practice in carrying out take offs for material procurement
- Sub-contractor negotiation and letting of sub-contracts
- Preparation and submission of interim valuations, liaising with operational managers
- Agreement and certification of sub-contractors’ interim valuations and final accounts
- Preparation and submission of final accounts Agreement of final accounts
- Cost value reconciliation and ongoing project reporting
- Supply regular analysis and reports as required Suggest improvements to procedures and behaviour
- An understanding of contractual formation and the appropriate methods of measurement (preferably within the landscape construction industry – but not essential)
- Excellent communication skills
- A good negotiator
- A high degree of personal motivation with excellent prioritisation and self-management skills
- Analytical team player
- Relationship building; builds key business relationships with customers and colleagues
- Commitment to the business, client, projects and colleagues
- Demonstrates energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment and a desire to achieve goals
- Personal development, a commitment to continually learn and develop
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Can manage numerous activities across several projects simultaneously
- Is flexible to working across all areas of the business and hours to meet the requirements of the job
- Has an enterprising and commercial approach
- Has an ability to add value to the role and the company as a whole
- Has a planned, systematic approach
- Has a full driving license
This job has now been successfully concluded.