Manufacturing Director/COO - Manufacturing
Salary: Executive package
Our client is a successful and well-respected manufacturing business. Operating in the UK marketplace supplying installers and fabricators. Our client is part of a major international Group of Companies. The business is enjoying an exciting period of opportunity and growth. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its capabilities and products and to continue to lead in the marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the business and working with the executive team, be responsible for its commercial and operational success.
The successful candidate will be part of a planned exit and could significantly benefit financially as a result. More generally the COO will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
Overview - The Role
The COO will consolidate the progress the business has made over recent years. He/she will lead the further development and implementation of leading-edge manufacturing, operational and business strategy encompassing new product and market development as well as driving continuous improvement throughout the business.
This role is fully responsible for all production and manufacturing operations in the UK. With a primary aim of the role to improve productivity and efficiency. The role will ensure the different areas work better together more efficiently, improving standardisation. He/she will lead on strategic planning for each area and site and manage the site appropriately for future growth.
The ideal candidate will be a Manufacturing or Operations Director/Senior Manager who is looking to take the next step in their career. Candidates will certainly still be on an upward curve in their career.
Graduate; ideally in a technical/engineering discipline. A relevant business qualification will be helpful.
- Experience of working with and a deep understanding of production environments Extensive senior management experience
- Able to work in a very dynamic and growing environment where you will encounter both the advantages and disadvantages of a SME that is becoming a multinational Manufacturing and Production expert ideally understanding process manufacturing environments
- Ideally someone who understands working with metal materials/products – extrusion/moulding etc
- Be able to present externally – be part of senior management and conduct appropriately Lean manufacturing in nature but not just a theorist
- Project management skills
- Problem solving and good planning & organisation skills Numerical and IT skills
- A proven track record for continuous improvement
- Good time management with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Willingness to embrace change and adapt with growth Commercial Awareness
This job has now been successfully concluded.