Salary: Excellent executive package to attract the best
Our client is established as a market-leading provider of high specification building products. The business has a strong reputation for supplying products internationally. The business is an important and successful division of a larger Group.
This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success. There are significant opportunities to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the business and with the support of the senior management team, be responsible for the commercial and operational success of the business, making a significant contribution to the performance of the Group.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
The Managing Director will develop and implement a leading-edge business strategy encompassing new product and market development to exploit opportunities in existing sectors in the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to take the business to its next stage. Key focus will be in the growth of the top-line revenue, supported by product and market development to maintain and grow margins and possible acquisitions, both in the UK or overseas.
- Provide strong leadership and establish credibility as a business leader to ensure execution of current business plans and budgets, taking full P&L responsibility for the business performance
- Working with Group, identify and carry out due diligence on possible acquisitions in line with the strategy, whilst integrating and leveraging capability
- Develop strong and constructive relationships at a high level with existing and potential customers as well as influence and negotiate effectively
- Develop and enhance existing systems, controls and structures to continue to drive the organisation towards world-class standards in product and service capabilities
- Improvement in detailed understanding and control of internal costs in the business
- Requirement to ensure there is enough focus on the domestic UK market place
- Improving project delivery on time, specification and budget
- A requirement for an improvement in conversion of sales opportunities and tenders.
- Devise and implement demanding targets for improvement in market share, profit margin and customer satisfaction measures, without compromising existing high product quality
- Rapidly become acquainted with the Group management style and operational philosophies; gaining a strong understanding of the product range, engineering technologies, markets and customer base
- Improvements in purchasing/procurement
- Proven business leader, likely to be a proven MD, with experience in specialist construction products and contracting likely with a strong commercial/sales background
- Able to manage a multi-site business in a complex international supply chain
- Proven experience of creating and managing a growing, evolving and highly successful business
- A charismatic leader who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Ability to manage risk, including construction contractors, construction design/engineering and health and safety
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations, and able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, and a strong sense of accountability.
Please forward your CV using the form below.
This job has now been successfully concluded.