Facility Operations Director (Europe)
Salary: Excellent package to attract the best
Our client is a very successful £multi-Billion International Group. It successfully operates Globally as a market leading Property, Leisure and Hospitality business.
The company is enjoying an exciting period of opportunity and growth. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its capabilities and services and to continue to lead in the marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead the FM operations and working with the executive team, be responsible for the commercial and operational success of the business, making a significant contribution to the performance of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role within a genuinely exciting and respected business.
Facility Operations Director – The Role
The role will have a mixture of strategic and operational responsibility for the successful delivery of FM services.
This will include:
- Develop a culture of world class property management within the business
- Deliver detailed property maintenance plans in all locations
- Ensure a high level of safety and security is maintained in all premises
- Optimise costs and improve sustainability of operations
- Lead, organise, develop and enhance an exceptional team of Facilities Managers in international operations and offices
- Ensure that properties are fully operational, safe and compliant with regulations
- Develop facilities management to improve operational efficiency
- Manage relationships with key contractors for both soft and hard FM services
- Lead, develop and manage performance of the Property & Corporate Facilities team
- Coordinate an annual review of each operation’s long-term maintenance plan
- Ensure that all assets under management are maintained to high standards, while minimising costs and potential disruptions
- Work closely with the new build and refurbishment teams and provide them with regular updates and recommendation on how to improve the specifications of future construction projects
- Develop and nurture a culture whereby staff are trained and considerate of health, safety and security implications Manage and coordinate new centre and openings
- Conduct regular visits to operations and offices to ensure compliance with standards and legal requirements
Key Requirements for the Role
A professional or management qualification/s, relevant to this role. Evidence of continuing professional development is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A proven track record of successfully operating in an International Senior FM role
- Highly analytical and financially astute, with strong negotiation capability
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, develop and implement effective long-term plans
- Excellent people leadership and communication skills
- Strong project management and change management experience
- European language(s) will be advantageous, fluent in English is essential.
- “Hands on” operator with strong leadership and personal authority
- High degree of integrity
- Open and transparent with peers and colleagues
- An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour
This job has now been successfully concluded.