Salary: Competitive Package
Our client is one of the global market leaders manufacturing engineered specified products into the building services industry. The company is a truly global brand, increasingly moving away from being just a supplier of components and moving towards being a system supplier.
Due to some challenging and ambitious growth plans over the next 3-5 years, our client is now looking to recruit a new Sales Director for their Building Services division.
The incoming Sales Director will be an experienced sales leader, with a demonstrable track record of selling engineered specified products or services into the building services industry. Reporting into the Managing Director, this is a key senior management position with full responsibility for developing and implementing the sales strategy in line with company objectives.
Key Business Objectives:
- Increase market share in the UK
- Successfully lead and motivate the sales function with the long term vision to become market leaders
- Building strong relationships with national and regional M&E contractors to drive specified sales
- Develop a successful and robust sales function to drive growth in line with business targets
- Provide strategic direction and development of the sales function that fits within company strategy and delivers business KPIs
- Understand market challenges in the UK and apply strategic thinking to generate new business opportunities with both new and existing customers
- Develop the sales strategy, tactics, sales plans and targets in line with the business objectives
- Deliver sales growth by creating, managing and developing relationships with clients
- Conduct annual appraisals of direct reports
- Identify new potential partnering opportunities
- Identify and report on new potential routes to market within new areas
- Identify, target and report on business opportunities in target markets
- Provide direction and motivation to the UK sales team
- Forecast accurately to help ensure timely delivery of results
- Lead the implementation of the sales strategy, setting policies, processes and metrics to provide a consistent approach across the business
- Liaise with all parts of the business and build strong working relationships to ensure that customers remain a priority. Attend strategy, P&L, management meetings as necessary
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Must have a successful track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets, selling engineered specified products into the building services industry
- Must have proven experience of sales management in a transferable B2B commercial environment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience of developing and executing a tactical sales plan, in a robust and disciplined manner
- Accomplished at conflict resolution, negotiation and other interpersonal skills
- Strong results orientated approach
- Understanding of time management within a multifunctional role
- Proven ability to build, develop and motivate a strong and efficient sales function
- First-rate listening skills, strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
Ideally encourage a coaching/development approach amongst the team.
This job has now been successfully concluded.