Director, Landscape Architecture ('Landscape Planning')
Salary: Circa £60,000 Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Our Client & The Requirement
Our client is a privately owned environmental, landscape and planning consultancy. This national business has a revenue turnover of circa £8.5m and continues to grow, develop new customers and win industry awards as recognition of its excellence. Due to continued development the business is seeking to appoint an Associate Director or Director within the field of landscape planning into its Bristol office, to further develop the company’s landscape services offering in the South West.
Purpose of Role
This is a senior fee-earning role, acting as a project director in the Landscape field, and focusing particularly on landscape planning assignments. It is likely that the right person would be appointed at Associate Director level, but the company is flexible in considering a Director level appointment or a less senior Associate role for an ambitious candidate with potential.
Alongside project work, this person will fulfill a key role in developing new business and leading and growing their team. They will participate in the management of the Business Unit and the local office, as well as contributing to the strategic direction of the company as a whole.
Suitable candidates will be experienced Landscape Architects/Planners with the following expertise:
- Landscape Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) and associated mitigation / design
- Public Inquiry Expert Witness services
- Landscape Character Assessment (LCA) and its applications (e.g. landscape sensitivity / capacity, landscape monitoring)
- Assessment and management of protected landscapes
- Research and monitoring of agri-environmental schemes
- Planning for future landscapes and responding to climate change
- Strategic scale landscape planning and management such as open space and greenbelt
- Chartered membership of the Landscape Institute is desirable but not essential
This job has now been successfully concluded.