Managing Director (Construction/Soft Services)
Salary: Six figure salary, executive package and incentives
Our client is a multi-million pound turnover, well-established and successful construction services business working with a broad range of clients in the South East of England.
The business has exciting and challenging growth plans over the next few years, to achieve these plans a new Managing Director is to be appointed. As part of the executive management team and the Board of directors, the new Managing Director will help define and then deliver the strategic growth plans whilst executing the day to day running of the operation.
The successful candidate will, through the senior managers in place, ensure operational efficiencies are improved and business’ plans are achieved. Supported by the Board, the Managing Director will enjoy a significant level of autonomy and will have responsibility for the operations of the business.
- To manage, organise and fine tune the operations of the business in order to make the business more efficient and profitable
- Provide leadership across the business; setting objectives and targets. The appointee will be responsible for the development and support of the senior management team
- Be an ambassador for the business building strong relationships with new and existing clients in order to maintain and improve client retention rates
- Identify commercial risks within each account and provide viable suggestions on how to manage the risk identified, to ensure profits are maximised
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are complied with and that documentation is maintained. Where deficiencies are identified initiate the appropriate corrective action
- Represent the company at site visits, presentations and other meetings as required, in order to develop relationships with existing and potential customers
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing Director to ensure contracts are commercially attractive and serviceable
- Communicate effectively with colleagues across the company
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Senior leadership experience as part of an executive management team
- Proven experience and a working knowledge of operational management in the construction industry, preferably from a Facilities Management or soft service background
- Experience of analysing and executing a strategic plan, in a robust and disciplined manner
- Accomplished at conflict resolution, negotiation and other interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial understanding and previous P&L experience
- First-rate listening skills, strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding strategic and conceptualisation skills and ability to provide strategic direction
- Ability to demonstrate operational success in previous roles
- Entrepreneurial flair and drive, combined with a structured and analytical approach
- Someone who is able to challenge, improve and develop existing practices
- Numerate, with strong financial and commercial awareness
- Able to develop business relationships in the customer base at the highest level
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business.
- An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour.
This job has now been successfully concluded.