'Business Development Expert' (Building/Engineering Services Contracting)
Salary: Circa £90,000 Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a leading manufacturer and installer of specialist HVAC, high integrity hydraulic systems and ductwork products within the construction sector. The business works across a broad range of industrial marketplaces such as Energy, Nuclear and Waste.
The business has developed the ability to undertake any scale of project. Flexibility throughout the main manufacturing facility and workforce means that the company can execute the most complex of ventilation systems for today’s power stations, office developments, pharmaceutical projects, nuclear decommissioning processes, hospitals, airports and other specialist projects, whilst at the same time manufacturing and procuring many products for sale through its network of national trade outlets.
The business is seeking to appoint a Pre-Construction Director ('BD Expert, Engineering Services Contracting'). The person will sit within the leadership team of the business and will report to the Business Development Director and work closely with the Managing Director. The purpose of the role entails:
- Leadership and reporting of the pre-construction sales performance (engineering services contracts), prospect activity and business strategy
- Responsibility and accountability for all business project related pre-construction strategy, tactics, implementation and management to achieve business forecast targets
- Strategic client management, project pipeline development/management, securing target projects in areas such as hydraulic systems engineering and the manufacturing/installation of high integrity ventilation, fluids systems, stacks, risers and chimneys in the energy, transport and defence sectors
- Contribute to business P&L performance in line with executive team strategy and forecasts
- Support BDD in the development of a project business development strategy and implementation
- Implement BD strategy and develop tactics, to deliver forecast order intake, forecast margins and general financial performance
- Management of target sector clients and project prospects through to secured status
- Reporting of sales strategy, order intake, revenue, analytics, pipeline & margin forecasting and projections
- Strong track record in engineering services (building services) contracting companies in successful business development roles
- Ideally, strong knowledge in developing project wins in relation to projects related to the following: HVAC, high integrity hydraulic systems and ductwork manufacture/installation work
- Strong sector industry connections and profile
- Solid experience of operating at a strategic and tactical level in a dynamic business environment with concrete examples of achievements across all areas of engineering project sales
- Dynamic and successful track record in business growth
- Track record of achieving sales targets
Please email your CV to us if this opportunity is of interest.
This job has now been successfully concluded.