Operations Director (Water Sector Consulting / Engineering)
Salary: Circa £90,000 Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a global strategic engineering and environmental consultancy. The company’s work extends across a range of market sectors – including energy & environment, passenger cars, commercial vehicles, rail, defence, motorsport – and the company is proud to possess a client list that includes transport operators, manufacturers, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Operating across the world, the company works in partnership with customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions.
The Requirement – Practice Director, Water & Environment ('Operations Director, Water')
Within the company’s Water & Environment Division there is a strategic recruitment need to recruit a Practice Director to oversee this business. This part of the company gets involved with consultancy projects within areas such as: regulatory support for industry, ecology, flood management, hydroecology and water resource management.
The key responsibility of this person is for the ongoing P&L performance of the Water & Environment Practice against agreed targets for revenue and profit. In order to achieve this, the Practice Director will need to provide effective leadership, and enhance the management capability within the Practice to maximise development and performance. As part of this it will be crucial to create a high performance and innovative culture to drive maximum profit growth. The Practice Director will be responsible for the overall orders target for the Practice and will have a significant focus on business development.
Key Objective Expertise Needed:
- Significant experience relevant to consultancy in the water / environment sectors
- International experience relevant to water & environment
- Knowledge of relevant issues in the wider environmental market, particularly with regard to the environmental impact of infrastructure, development, construction, including technology solutions
- Experience of driving innovation within a business environment, including behaviours
- A proven transformational leader of technically skilled professional teams
- Established as an influential leader in their technical/professional field and respected by external clients in that market sector
- Access to a wide network of customers at the most senior levels in business and government at the highest levels, nationally and internationally
- Highly competent in understanding the market sectors within specific field(s) in order to optimise commercial focus and lead business growth and development
- Able to take full responsibility for larger or more complex projects or programmes
- Able to develop high level strategic business plans
- Ability to manage budgets
- Strong academic credentials and ideally an environmental or water industry chartership status
If this role would appear suitable and of interest, please email over to us your CV.
This job has now been successfully concluded.