Product Development Director
Salary: Up to £100,000 PA + benefits
Our client is a leading provider of technology solutions to the private and public sector, working with companies ranging from SMEs to blue chip corporate clients.
Based in London but operating throughout the UK, the business has some exciting and challenging growth plans over the next 5 years. To assist them with their growth plans, they are now looking to recruit a new Development Director who can develop new innovative products and solutions in line with market needs and future trends.
The Role: Development Director
The Development Director will be responsible for creating the product development strategy, establishing business needs and implementing development plans. The successful candidate will work with teams across multiple disciplines, ensuring timeframes are met and solutions are commercially successful. This development division of the business is responsible for creating new products across their portfolio, as well as identifying new growth areas in order to support continued sales growth in multiple business application verticals.
The Development Director will liaise with the leadership team to align the product roadmap with business development plans to ensure that new releases are marketed in a timely manner. This role will also work closely with delivery and IT divisions responsible for product deployment.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to commute to the office. Travel may be required from time to time.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the management team to explore new customer centric product propositions
- Oversee product development and release lifecycle to meet business plan requirements
- Gather feedback from business development managers and colleagues providing technical sales support to understand the future needs of existing clients and prospective customers
- Generate and sustain a roadmap of product innovation to ensure that identified needs are addressed through measurable stages of development
- Lead development across technical teams to fulfil the product roadmap
- Ensure that the product portfolio is clearly defined, with supporting collateral that can be used to drive sales and marketing
- Work with the delivery division to oversee the smooth transition of new product releases from development to live deployment
- Maintain an overview of comparative technologies and competitor offerings in target business verticals to ensure that the company’s products and services are differentiated in the market place
- Manage development budget as agreed with the management team
Essential experience needed:
- Experience of working in a comparable role in an innovative technology environment
- Successful track record of product development strategy implementation across multiple sectors
- Product portfolio management and development experience
- Strong commercial acumen
This job has now been successfully concluded.