Finance Director (Leading UK 'Homewares' Business)
Salary: Circa Base £90,000 + Bonus + Package Benefits (Flex)
Our client is one of the most successful homewares suppliers in the United Kingdom. Operating from a distribution centre in Bristol, the company employs 50 staff and has strong financial and operational disciplines, with excellent management information and KPIs being monitored and reported on a timely basis. The company’s annual turnover is in the region of £18m and the business is in a very strong financial position.
The Requirement – Finance Director
Due to the pending retirement plans of the company’s long-standing Finance Director there exists the strategic requirement to appoint a high calibre replacement. The role could suit a highly aspirational and progressive Finance professional or someone of course with proven Finance Director level experience to date.
The Finance Director will oversee 2 Accountants and lead on financial operations for the company in areas such as: financial control, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, audit, analysis and tax. They will also get involved with other discipline areas for the business such as health & safety matters and company secretarial duties.
Objective & Subjective Criteria:
- FCA or ACCA qualified with a proven background of financial analysis and control
- Strong understanding of financial reporting, budgeting, audit and tax requirements
- Experience of working with or within international companies
- Excellent people management and leadership credentials/potential
- Emotionally intelligent, with the ability to motivate, develop and inspire people within the business
- Gravitas with strong communication skills and the ability to gain credibility at all levels of an organisation
- First class levels of professionalism, organisation and time management
- A senior level leadership position within the company which will provide plenty of interesting challenges and strategic responsibilities
- The chance to be part of a leadership team that is stable, bright, supportive and very experienced
- A company that is successful and financially strong with proven consistent success over the years
- A business that is part of a major global home appliances Group, which provides excellent growth opportunities going forwards
This job has now been successfully concluded.