Key Account Manager
Salary: Exceptional package to attract the best
Our client is a market leader in the exciting world of quantitative mass spectrometry. Their instruments have been critical in the research, development and launch of nearly every major pharmaceutical product for the last 20 years.
As their account portfolio evolves they have significantly invested in their product offering and are targeting the high-growth area of Biopharmaceuticals. The Key Account Manager will have the opportunity to leverage a diverse array of products with significant installation base in these key accounts, manage relationships to gain understanding of the daily challenges within these organisations, and translate this information into improved commercial approaches.
This individual will have ownership of the Key Account Go to Market initiative and strategic Biopharmaceutical business in Americas with ties to those account sites as they exist globally. This position will report to the VP of Global Sales and Marketing for that business area.
Performance metrics for the role will include: Annual growth in revenue and Marketshare at these top accounts, opportunity funnel size, the quality, impact and number of Global key account new programs established and the customer feedback and response.
Key Account Manager responsibilities:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Sales Process and Business Growth
- Cross-Functional Leadership
- Collaboration Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline
- Substantial experience in the Life Science Research, Large Capital Equipment and or Services (I.e. SW systems, IT Computer systems…)
- Sales experience: Substantial experience in Capital Equipment, High end Services or IT sales management
- Substantial experience in key account management for multinationals
- Experience in leveraging market-leading CRM tools to improve sales force efficiency and improve insight on customers wins & losses
- Pharmaceutical and global experience required, preferably in life science / biologics.
- Strategic orientation
- Collaboration/relationship building
- Critical thinking/problem solving
- Results Orientation
- Sense of Urgency
- Analytical and fact-based, but able to draw on knowledge and experience.
- Creative and independent thinker
- Open minded
- Adaptive to change
- Continuous Improvement mind set
- Ability to travel, including valid driving licence
This job has now been successfully concluded.