How can interim management help?
Interim management can help you to meet all kinds of challenges, from change management and transformation projects, to meeting specific short-term skills gaps.
The clear advantage that interim management brings over other routes is the ability to quickly bring in experienced individuals to work alongside your existing team, introducing new skills, applying deep experience and leaving a valuable legacy.
It’s all about finding the right person with the right skills. Effective interim management will establish best practice learned at the highest level. It will create permanent and beneficial change and inspire your management team long after the appointment has been fulfilled.
Interim management is a flexible and cost-effective solution for transformational change. We have a proven track record in introducing experienced interim managers with the knowledge, skills and objectivity needed to push through major initiatives.
Why use an Interim Manager?
An interim manager enables you to harness the skills of a highly experienced person to fulfil the needs of your organisation at a particular moment in its life.
Typically, an interim director or manager is employed for a number of different reasons:
- An interim manager can be used at a time of crisis to turn round a failing service or business. They may offer expertise to a challenged management team. This could mean bringing sound financial management or wise counsel to an organisation that has lost its way as well as the ability to tackle issues such as grievances, poorly managed commercial relationships, broken procurement contracts or problems with internal relationships.
- Interim managers may be brought in at a time of change for an organisation. Start ups, new business development, mergers/acquisitions or restructuring within a company are all productive areas for a skilled interim manager.
- Equally an interim manager or director can give a company or organisation some breathing space during the recruitment of a permanent executive or a period of temporary absence of an existing executive.
- Many clients who are seeking to improve or innovate take advantage of the specialist cross-sector skills interim managers offer to develop new products and services. For example, for a charity or museum thinking of developing a new revenue stream, bringing in a retail expert may be the right solution. Thinking of outsourcing your HR service? Then hiring someone who has done it before makes sense, but it’s unlikely you’ll need them forever. Indeed in our opinion the most effective use of interim management is when it is deployed in a focused and controlled way with outcomes and timescales clearly defined and managed.
Novo Interim has a track record that is second to none in providing the right interim manager for the job.
We develop a really good understanding of clients' business culture, so that we place interim managers who fit in well and make a difference from day one. We have a tried and tested methodology for matching the right executive to each assignment and this has been re-paid with exceptional loyalty from our existing interim managers and clients.
Advantages of Interim Appointments v Permanent Appointments
Permanent Director Interim Director
- Fixed employment costs Daily rate charged for days worked
- 3 month notice period 7 day notice period
- 10 weeks to recruit 3 days to recruit
- Member of Paid Service Classed as a supplier
- 6 month induction period Performance measured from day 1
- Redundancy liability No redundancy liability
Why choose Novo Interim?
Novo Interim has a track record second to none in providing the right interim executive for the job.
We are keen to develop a really good understanding of clients' business cultures, so that we can find Interim Managers who fit in well, and make a difference from Day One.
We have a tried and tested methodology for matching the right executive to each assignment and this has been re-paid with exceptional loyalty from our existing interim executives and clients.
For an informal discussion please contact Dale Perrett Director firstname.lastname@example.org 0844 241 2064